Data at a Glance
This interactive tool provides an aggregate-level snapshot of PPMI cohort demographics and data collection time points.
While this tool includes data on a limited number of variables, PPMI allows access to its full breadth of individual-level data. The set includes clinical, imaging, ‘omics, genetic, sensor, and biomarker data. Click the Access Data link to the right to get started.
- A small number of individuals enrolled in the PD and prodromal cohorts were previously enrolled in the PPMI Genetic registry. See study cohorts > legacy cohorts section for more information.
- Numbers in dashboard represent numbers enrolled and do not necessarily reflect numbers who maintain participation vs. those who are no longer participating in the study.
- The visit name to the left of the slash ("/") is the current visit name; visit names employed in earlier parts of the study are to the right of the slash. R signifies remote visit; V signifies in-clinic visit.
- The full extent of the schedule of activities is not represented in this graph. For details regarding frequency of visits and types of visits see Schedule of activities.
- Some participants in the prodromal cohort received a diagnosis of PD at the baseline visit. See the analytic datasets and accompanying guidance document available on the Access Data section.
- Age at enrollment
Have a question on PPMI design, data collection methods or access details?
Our data dictionary describes participant data and includes variable and schema definitions. Values are found in the code book.
PPMI follows thousands of individuals with varied connections to Parkinson's disease.
The study’s data and biosample collection, storage and analysis methods have become field-wide standards.